Changes to FTP - Having problems? Check here!
Posted on 05/04/2016 by jbayfield
Hello people of the Gwiddleverse(?)!
As part of our move to the servers donated by the wonderful people at Mythic Beasts, we're also taking big steps towards a fully encrypted Gwiddle. As a result, all users are now required to use SFTP.
What does this mean? Not much! There are just a few changes you need to make in your FTP client in order to experience the benefits.
- Make sure your FTP client is set to SFTP/encrypted mode. If this is not set correctly you won't be able to connect!
- The new hostname for file transfer operations is ftp.gwiddle.co.uk.
- The port should be able to be left empty. If your client does not allow this, the port you need to use is 22.
- The username and password are the same as your Vesta credentials.
- Your website's resources are inside the "web" folder. Inside here you'll find the folders associated with your domains.
It's a bit different, and we understand that. However, there are so many benefits that it's worth the trouble to get it set up correctly. Have fun!Categorized in Announcements, Mythic Beasts, Service Update